Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad. I am and still consider myself daddy's little girl. I was one of those kids totally in love with my dad even though I often got myself into a fair amount of trouble. I remember the days when I would decorate cards and bookmarks with teddy bears (my specialty), dinosaurs (don't ask), and flowers for my dad...just cause. Growing up I found myself gravitating towards his hobbies to spend time with him - whether it be gardening, running, biking, making home depot runs, watching sports, and even going on missions trip together. It's been a while since I've made a card or bookmark for him. I think he would appreciate it all the same today, but I now know that his greatest joy has been seeing me grow up. Through it all, he has always been a constant - coming to my rescue countless times, encouraging me when needed, and always reminding me of how much I am loved. He's given me the greatest gift of all - a better understanding of my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment