Saturday, June 13, 2009


Greetings from NYC! I arrived late tonight with no hitches. I'm starting to get orientated to life here. My first hour was spent meeting my lovely roommates and settling into my cozy room. I'm living in a house where there must be (no joke) 20 others here too...and all under one roof! It's a maze of rooms and separate in-laws. The Sunset has nothing on Queens!

Forever 24? As I assumed, I would be one of the more seasoned volunteers. Indeed that is true. I feel like I've been transported back into dorm life. I feel old, but apparently look 24. Yes, I suppose it's flattering. Thinking back, I really liked 24...

Familiar Faces. I'm excited to meet up with friends tomorrow. I'll be heading into Manhattan to attend Redeemer. Ahh...just another perk of being out here!

God is good. I left SFO feeling alone, yet hopeful. Despite heading into uncertainty, God has already confirmed goodness. Throughout my time here, I really want to train my eyes to see as he sees and my heart to feel as he feels.

1 comment:

  1. Great to meet up with you on this coast, Sher! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you form relationships through your many ministries . . . glad that we were able to introduce you to some of the sights, smells, tastes (sweet watermelon juice!) and people here in NY.

    ReplyDelete